Sometimes skin problems just cannot be resolved without buying expensive drugstore or high-end products. But natural remedies can help take the pressure off your wallet.
For a Sunburn or over-tanned skin:
Aloe and Honey Mask
- Mix 1 tsp. aloe gel and 1 tsp. honey, apply to skin and leave on for 10 minutes. Then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Crush 1 cup green grapes to a pulp. Add 1 tsp. honey or 1 egg yolk. Leave on damp skin for 15 min and then rinse.
For blemished skin:
Oatmeal Tomato Mask
- Blend 1 ripe tomato, 1 tsp. lemon juice, and 1 tbsp. instant oatmeal or rolled oats. Apply to skin, making sure the mixture is staying on the blemished areas. Add a bit more oatmeal to thicken the mask, if necessary. Leave the mask on for 10 minutes, then scrub off with a clean washcloth dipped in lukewarm water.
- Blend ½ a cucumber (with skin) with 1 egg white, 2 tbsp. mayonnaise, and ½ cup olive oil. Apply morning and evening, and gently wipe off with tissues.
Wheat Flour Vinegar Scrub
- Mix whole wheat flour with vinegar and apply to freckles and dark spots.
For acne or pimples: (each one of the below are separate remedies that can cure acne and pimples)
- Nutmeg mixed with milk
- 3 tbsp. honey mixed with 1 tsp. cinnamon powder overnight
- 1 tsp. lemon juice mixed with 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh mint juice
- Lime juice mixed with boiled milk
- Equal parts lime juice and Rose water, leave for 20 min.
- Grated potatoes
Dark circles under eyes: (each one the below are separate remedies that can help cure dark circles)
- Cover eye with slices of raw potato or cucumber
- Lemon juice 2 x a day
- Crushed mint
- Almond oil
*note: these remedies were taken from books, websites and handed down from my mother