I read somewhere that the natural way of cleansing your body to begin your weight-loss routine is more effective and safer than using all those chemically enhanced cleansers. So, as I continued researching, I came across a method which I find quite interesting. I’ll be starting it next Thursday as I’m off from work for the rest of week. (Don’t worry, I’ll let you know how it went)
Apples and Lemon Water Body Cleanse:
- As soon as you wake up, drink 3-4 glasses of water and a glass of salt and sugar lemon water (you can make it the night before and store it in the fridge). Within 20 minutes your body will begin the cleansing process. You will probably notice that you have to use bathroom more often to get rid of all the waste.
- After you have finished in the bathroom, head over to the kitchen and cut up some apples and have them for breakfast. Remember, coffee and tea is not permitted today.
- After breakfast, trying going for a small 30-45 minute walk or do some cardio. Just keep in mind not to over exert yourself as you’ll need your energy for the rest of the day.
- You will start feeling hungry, so have another 3-4 glasses of water and a glass of salt and sugar lemon.. If you start getting hunger pangs, you can have another apple.
- Drink the sweet and salty lemon water every 3-5 hours; it’ll keep your energy levels up. The author of the original post recommends only drinking sweet and salty lemon water in the morning and just drinking sweet lemon water for the rest of the day. She explains that the sweet lemon water will help you get rid of all the sodium in your body.
- Lunch and dinner should consist of apples and sweet lemon water.
The next day:
Try not to over eat today. I know you’ll be hungry, but for the above method to work, you need to take it slow and light today. Have a couple of glasses of lemon water (no salt and no sugar). Wait 20-30 minutes and then have your breakfast. Again, make sure to keep it light.
This method can be done twice a month for cleansing purposes and should not exceed 4 times a month for weight-loss purposes.
Well, there you have it! I’ll post my results and experience next week. Until than happy weight-loss! 🙂