This is a quick and easy recipe I found online. Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grates
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 (1 1/2 pounds each) chicken halves or 2 whole chickens, split
- 4 lemons, halved crosswise
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, oregano, oil, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken in bag and shake to coat. Put bags in fridge and let marinate for 30 minutes, turning bags occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly oil pan. Remove chicken from marinade, and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken, skin side up, in pan. Cover and cook, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Turn chicken over; cover and cook until well browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add chicken to plate with some brown steamed rice and squeeze lemon juice lightly over rice and chicken. Add some lemon zest for light color and enjoy!