- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 10-ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium stalks celery
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or a few sprinkles of dried thyme
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- In a skillet, heat oil on medium-high until hot. Add chicken and cook, covered, 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; turn chicken and cook, covered, 5 more minutes. Transfer to plate.
- To same skillet, add mushrooms, celery, and thyme; cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened, stirring occasionally. Add broth, rice, wine, salt, and black pepper; heat to boiling.
- Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer about 12 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with knife, and rice is cooked.
- Serve with steamed broccoli.