A quick, aroma filled delicacy of India is our various styles of making rice. The mixed vegetable rice or miloaf as we call it, can either be eaten alone or enjoyed with a dabble of yogurt. The below recipe is quick and delicious.
2-3 cinnamon sticks
Whole black pepper
2-3 black/big cardamom
Salt to taste
Red pepper to taste
2 Tbs oil
Cup of frozen mixed vegetables
Cup of rice
1. Heat oil in large pot and put teaspoon of jeera.
2. Once the jeera begins sizzling, add the finely chopped onions.
3. Fry onions just until they are golden brown. If you are impatient while frying onions like I am, then a quick trick to speed up the process is to add salt to them as the fry.
4. Next, add the frozen vegetables and cook until slightly done.
5. Add the cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper and red pepper powder.
6. Mix everything well and add the rice. Now add water and cover.
7. The rice should take roughly 20 mins to cook.
Voila! You’ve just made miloaf. Fancy it up with a couple of leafs of fresh coriander and serve.