So one of the women I work very closely with and who has become a friend I regularly confide in, suggested me and her do a small gift exchange. I thought it was a great idea, especially since D and I won’t be celebrating Christmas this year due to our move. Plus, we’re not doing the gift thing either.
So, I bought a pair of faux fur boot slippers (I think that’s what you call them). Anyway, I super excited to give them to her and I really think she’ll live them. She’s a really fashionable character and so, I think she’ll use them regularly.
As for my gift, I’m not sure what she bought for me. I think it maybe a wallet because she knows I was looking around for one. But who knows.
Also, I cheated and got D a small gift too. It’s nothing special but I think he’ll love it too.
I know the holidays aren’t about gift giving and all that stuff. But I like seeing the smiles on my loved ones faces when I do get something for them. I guess, that’s what it really should be about right? 🙂
Anyway, hope your holidays are going great and all of you are surrounded by all those people who truly make you happy.
- Healthy Giving: Quick Homemade Holiday Gifts (blisstree.com)
- Which Christmas Gifts Are Appropriate For Your Business Clients (proflowers.com)
- Holiday Gift Giving Ideas – Gift Giving Ideas under $10 (rockbottomt-shirts.com)
- How to Cut Your Holiday Gift Bill (mint.com)
- Holiday Gift-Giving: Registries Aren’t Just for Weddings and Baby Showers Anymore (nytimes.com)