Saw this on the Huffington Post and thought I’d share it with all of you. Quite hilarious how dumb people can be.
10) During a snow emergency in early February, a woman called police to complain that snowplows were cleaning her street and making too much noise.
9) A 17-year-old youth called police to seek advice. He wanted to know if he could disown his mother because she wouldn’t give him money.
8) A man called police because he found a roll of carpet on his front lawn and wanted an officer to attend his residence. He cancelled having police attend when he found out his wife put it there.
7) A woman called 911 after being denied entry to a local night club. She forgot her identification and wanted an officer to attend to query her name to prove to the security staff that she was of legal drinking age. When she was told police don’t do that, she argued that they should.
6) A man called 911 to request an ambulance for a friend. Before disconnecting the call, the call taker overheard a man in the background say, “Don’t worry, I’ll get rid of the dope”. Needless to say, police were dispatched as well. True to his word the man must have ditched the dope as officers didn’t find any.
5) A man called police when he saw a “small lion” cross the road in front of him. He was also quick to point out that he had not smoked any drugs… that day.
4) A woman called police to have a man removed from her residence. She no longer wanted his company after they were sharing a sofa to sleep on. She wanted the other end but the man wouldn’t switch.
3) A man called 911 to report that his vehicle was just stolen from his driveway. He provided a description and the direction of travel. Officers scoured the area but were unable to locate it until they attended his house and found it right where he left it. He attempted to cover his mistake by fabricating a story that the suspects returned the “stolen” car to his driveway and fled. Officers didn’t buy it. It turned out the man saw a vehicle just like his drive by his house and jumped to the conclusion his had been stolen.
2) Police responded to a 911 call when screaming was heard in the background during the telephone call to police. The investigation revealed that a couple were arguing because the man wanted to play XBOX while the woman wanted to play Nintendo Wii. The tipping point occurred when the man opened a new package of cigarettes when another package was already open.
1) A woman called 911 because her cats ate her Whopper and she wanted another one.
- Chatham-Kent Police release list of Top 10 Silly Calls for 2011 (blogs.windsorstar.com)
- Nudity and naughty squirrels top list of bizarre Chatham-Kent police calls (blogs.windsorstar.com)
- Poop throwing, nudity and naughty squirrels, among police calls (theprovince.com)