I haven’t seen Bombay or shall I say Mumbai for quite a few years. But when I was there last, nine years ago it was one hectic city. It actually reminds me of New York City, whereas Delhi reminds of Toronto.
Anyway, Mumbai is a beautiful city, it’s always full of life and never sleeps. The night life is awesome! So, let’s go through my tour of Mumbai….
- Have Sev Batata Puri:
This is like those chaats from Delhi. Its tangy and delicious street food. A must try!
- Shop at Chor Bazaar:Although its called Chor Bazaar, thieves have no place there. But you’ll be able to find anything and everything at awesomely cheap prices.
- Visit Gateway of India:This is a great place to visit. It’s an historic monument and attracts all sorts of people.
- Visit Taj Mahal Palace:Since you’re near the Gateway of India, don’t forget to visit the Taj Palace. It’s a hotel with a lot of history. The architecture is absolutely stunning and high tea is definitely an experience you must enjoy!
- Go Clubbing:The nightlife in Mumbai is so much fun. It’s one of the cities that never sleeps and clubbing is a must do.
- Walk/Drive to Marine Road:In South Mumbai, this one of those romantic walks/drives that you just cannot miss.
- Ride the Local Train:You think there’s rush on local subways here in Toronto or even New York? Well, you’re in for a surprise when you experience the rush of the local trains in Mumbai. All-in-all, it’s fun but be careful because there’s lots of pushing.
- Visit Bollywood:Bollywood aka Mumbai’s Hollywood. You must visit because this is where all the magic happens. Plus you might even spot some celebrities!
- Visit Chhatrapati Shivaji Temple:This temple is actually the central headquarters of the railway industry in India. Plus, it’s a railways station. The architecture is inspiring!
- Take a Cab Ride:The cabs in Mumbai are classic. Each one is decorated in its own style and mostly have music blaring in the background. It’s quite an experience.
These are my top 10 for Mumbai. When I’m back from my trip and have enjoyed a Mumbai more I’ll add more to the list!