Another recipe for my neighbor; who’s turning into an Indian chef! This ones a pretty easy recipe and is delicious served with hot roti and yogurt.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cabbage (shredded)
- 1 tsp jeera (cumin)
- 1 tsp haldi (turmeric powder)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp dhaniya powder (coriander powder)
- 1-2 tbsp oil
Here’s what you do:
Heat oil in large wok over medium heat. Add cabbage until wilted. Add salt, curry powder, garam masala, dhaniya powder, haldi and mix well so that all the cabbage leaves are nicely coated with the spices. Let cook for 2-3 minutes, then add green peas. Mix all ingredients well, reduce heat to the lowest and cover. Let steam for 15-20 minutes or until cabbage is completely cooked. Enjoy with roti and yogurt!
- Recipe of the Week: Aloo Ki Sabji (Dry Potato Curry)
- Recipe of the Week: Rajma Chawal (Kidney Bean Curry & Rice)
- Recipe of the Week: No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Cookies