I’m a sucker for Christmas. It’s not in my religious upbringing to celebrate Christmas. But when you live away from your birth country all your life, a bit of your own traditions merge with a bit of the traditions of the country you live in. How can you not celebrate, when everyone around you is celebrating?
For me, I love hosting parties and dinners. I love people coming over to our place and sharing in our happiness and joys. I’d rather be the hostess than the guest. So, every year around this time, I try to get a few of the people who are nearest and dearest to us to come together and share a meal, lots of laughs and happiness with us. This year, we’re doing it on Christmas day. Yay!
I’ve been working on a menu for the big day for some time and I think I’ve just about nailed it. Hopefully, everyone enjoys it just as much as I enjoy making it. Here’s my menu (recipes and pictures pending):
- Mimosa (Orange juice and champagne)
- Garlic shrimp bites
- Cesar salad
- Sweet corn kernels and steamed veggies
- Baked chicken (I’m still debating between stuffed spinach/feta chicken or honey-glazed chicken)
- Scalloped potatoes
- Cheesy, pull-apart bread
- garlic and herb roasted potatoes
- Double chocolate cake stuffed with dulce de leche, served with vanilla ice cream
- Apple crumble with vanilla ice cream
I’ll post pictures and recipes as soon as I can. Stay tuned and have yourself a very Merry Christmas.