A new blog I recently stumbled across had this delicious cheesy garlic pull apart bread recipe on it. I’ve ached to try it out but decided to save it for Christmas dinner. A similar version of this recipe is also famous on Pinterest. I’ve made a couple of adjustments to the original recipe but main concept is the same. The link to the original recipe is here.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 loaf Italian Bread
- 1/2 cup melted margarine
- 2 Tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 Cups of shredded marble (mozzarella/cheddar) cheese
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine margarine, garlic and salt and mix.
- Cut the bread in a crisscross pattern 3/4 way down.
- Pour the butter, garlic and salt mix over the bread trying to get it into the cuts.
- Sprinkle and stuff the shredded cheese into the cuts and push down ensuring to get cheese in all cuts.
- Wrap the loaf with tinfoil and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes with the tinfoil on. Then remove the foil and put back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes until cheese has melted completely through and browned on top.
- Remove from oven, let cool for a couple of minutes and then serve.
Let everyone pull pieces apart themselves and enjoy! 🙂