This is a new recipe for me. I’ve seen it on Pinterest and on other websites and am going to give this a try for Christmas dinner. I’m really hoping it turns out and my family and friends enjoy it.
Here’s what you need:
- 8 chicken breasts (I’ve got 8 guests coming, so one for each guest)
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ bag frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed of excess water)
- 1 ½ cup feta cheese
- 2 ½ cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup melted margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black ground pepper
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Clean chicken with lemon juice, wash with water and pat dry
- Slice each breast down the middle
- In a skillet, cook spinach, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil, until well cooked.
- Add feta cheese to the spinach mixture and cook until slightly melted.
- Distribute spinach and cheese mixture in the middle of each chicken breast.
- Roll each breast in bread crumbs.
- Place in glass baking dish and pour melted butter/margarine over chicken breasts.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked all the way through. I always leave mine in longer because I like that well-done taste and texture. Just don’t leave it in too long, or it’ll dry up. For an extra juicy chicken, cover with tinfoil for 10-15 minutes and then remove tinfoil to let chicken finish cooking.
Serve with rice, steamed veggies and scalloped potatoes to make a hearty meal.