After my juice cleanse, I questioned the staff at Freshii to provide post-cleanse information and luckily for me, their In-house Nutritionist contacted me with the following information:
The easiest mistake that any Juice Cleanser can make is to eat the wrong foods post-cleanse. Your digestive system is very delicate after a cleanse, having not digested much for days. First and foremost, it is important to avoid all processed & packaged unhealthy foods; meats, cow’s diary, coffee and alcohol. If you jump right back into making unhealthy food choices, not only will you experience uncomfortable physical symptoms (stomach pain, bloating & nausea), but you will actually hinder the progress you made while cleansing! Take the days after you finish your cleanse as an opportunity to continue the detoxification process. Ease off the cleanse with clean, wholesome and easy to digest foods.
- Begin each morning with a glass of warm water with freshly squeezed lemon.
- Drink a superfood smoothie for breakfast with ingredients such as spinach, kale, chia seeds, hemp seeds, avocado, coconut oil and berries.
- Consume lots of raw or lightly steamed vegetables, fruits, green salads & vegetable soups.
- Slowly incorporate gluten-free grains into your plant-based meals-i.e. quinoa, brown rice, millet and amaranth.
- Stick to plant-based proteins in the days following your cleanse (nuts, seeds & beans). Reintroduce light animal proteins gradually over the week such as steamed fish, white chicken or eggs.
- Include fresh juices and plenty of plant-based foods each day for optimal health and wellness.
- Continue to listen to your body to see what foods work well for you.
Use the Freshii Juice Cleanse as a chance to kick-start your health and break old habits of making poor food choices. Take this opportunity to start fresh, focusing your diet on plant-based and vegetable-rich meals; which will nourish your body from head to toe!
I’m going to re-do my cleanse in a couple of weeks and will thoroughly follow the Nutritionists suggestions and comments. Had I received this by the time I finished my first cleanse, I would’ve followed it. But better late than never. I’m planning on re-doing the juice cleanse on Feb. 1st.
I’ll follow-up with all of you after my second cleanse and let you know how these nutritional suggestions helped!