Today’s juice cleanse was a bit easier than yesterday. I feel less tired and more energized. However, as great as the juices taste and salad is, I find it quite hard to look-forward to eating a salad at the end of the day. Mind you, I never did really like salads to start with. The metaboost salad tastes good and has a variety of ingredients in it. But I just would rather choose a steak instead of a salad.
As for the actual cleanse, I kept my routine pretty much the same as yesterday. 2 cups of black coffee, followed by lots of water, 4 juices and finishing the day off with my salad. Straight-forward and simple!
Physically, I don’t feel like I’ve lost any weight in the past day or “cleansed” for that matter. Overall, my body feels lighter, I’m not bloated and I have a little more energy than I normally do.
I have not begun drinking the warm lemon-water and I don’t plan on either. Being an asthma patient, lemons caused my asthma to flare up. So, I have to be extremely cautious with when I use lemons or lemon juice. Instead, I recalled a water recipe my mother had forced me into drinking after Ni was born. This water mixture was to help me shed off the baby-weight and it certainly helped.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 tbsp. fennel seeds (sonf)
- 1 tbsp. carom seeds (ajwain)
- 2-3 black cardamom (moti ilaichi)
- 1 tbsp. chopped ginger
- 8-10 cups of water
Here’s what you do:
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot
- Add fennel seeds, carom seeds, cardamom and ginger and let boil for 10-15 minutes
- Let cool and drink ½ a cup at a time
- In the mornings and after meals, warm before drinking
I enjoy bottling this water mixture up and bringing it to work with me. It’s definitely an acquired taste, but if you can get past the taste, the benefits are plenty. It helps flush out toxins, reduces bloating and helps breakdown fat.
Try it out and let me know you think!
- Juice Cleanse: Day 1
- Coming Soon: Progress Report For The New and Improved Me
- I didn’t follow Freshii’s in-house nutritionist’s post-cleanse instructions: My results
- Freshii’s 3-Day Juice Cleanse Review