A long time ago, chicken meatballs were regularly available in grocery stores. Now, not so much. I checked over 5 stores and no one had them; not even Costco! After searching Google and asking around, I have mastered a recipe that is quick and easy enough to make for dinner on weekdays and goes perfectly with spaghetti!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 lbs. ground chicken
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Here’s what you do:
- Mix Italian breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper into ground chicken, cover and refrigerate for 1/2 hour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Celsius
- Remove from refrigerator and shape into small balls and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes, turn and then bake for another 20 minutes or until golden and cooked all the way through
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes
- Heat pasta sauce in pan on stove and add meatballs and spaghetti
- Cook for 1-3 minutes and serve with garlic bread, cheesy asparagus and a glass of wine!
How easy was that? The second time I made them, I added some fresh chopped garlic and green onions to the mixture and then cooked them. They turned out amazing and were so tasty, D ate so many without the sauce and spaghetti. Try them out and let me know what you think!