I recently ran out of flour at home but have promised to make cookies for some of my customers and family. Going through my pantry I found a box of vanilla cake mix and decided to use that to bake some cookies. I followed a simple cookie recipe with the consideration that all my dry ingredients and flavouring was already premixed.
Needless to say, the cookies turn out amazing and I am still awestruck at how easy this recipe was. After this first recipe turning out delicious, I decided to make a second, third and fourth batch with different ingredients. I used oatmeal and dried cranberries, white chocolate chips and almonds, and a batch of peanut butter chips.
Here’s the quick and easy recipe:
- 1 box white cake mix (or chocolate)
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup sugar
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350C.
- Sift cake mix into mixing bowl, mix in sugar.
- Add butter, vanilla and eggs and mix until a thick dough is created.
- Add extra ingredients (I used oatmeal & chocolate chips) and mix well.
- Make 1 inch balls and drop on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes depending on how crispy or chewy you want your cookies.
- Dust with icing sugar if desired and enjoy!
I bake my cookies for a bit longer because Dev likes well-done cookies. But once the top layer is no longer moist and bottoms golden, your cookies are ready.