Being of Indian descent, dark unwanted facial hair is part of an issue that many women experience. I’ve done some research on the topic over the past few weeks and was able to come up with the following remedies.
Of course, you can pluck, wax or tweeze the hair off. However, sometimes those methods can be painful and cause bumps and scars. I would recommend staying away from shaving your face unless of course you are trying to get a masculine result. 🙂 Shaving not only causes hair to grow back thicker but I’ve seen photos of women having a greyish green shading appear where they’ve shaved; which can make your face look terrible.
So, here are some at home solutions to getting rid of unwanted facial hair. You can apply any of these remedies to any part of your body. Just use caution to sensitive areas.
- Make a paste of sugar, lemon juice and water and apply it in the direction of hair growth. Let dry for about 15 minutes and rinse off in a circular motion. This can be applied twice weekly.
- Make a paste of 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice and 4 tsps honey. Mix well and apply in the direction of hair growth. Let dry for about 15 minutes and rinse off in a circular motion. This too can be applied twice weekly.
- Mix besan (gram flour) and haldi (turmeric powder) with just enough water to form a thick paste. Apply to the skin in the direction of hair growth. Allow 15-20 minutes to dry. When dry, gently rub off in a circular motion. Rinse with cold water and pat skin dry. This can be applied 2-3 times per week.
- Mix turmeric powder with milk and apply to face. Leave on for 15-20 minutes. Gently rub off moving fingers in a circular motion and rinse with cold water.
- Blend one egg white, 1 tbsp sugar and 1/2 tbsp corn flour to form thick paste. Apply to face and allow 15 minutes to dry. Peel off gently and rinse with cold water. This can be done 3-4 times per week.
Well, there you have it; home hair removal without all the expensive costs involved. I’ve done number 3 2-times a week and seem to have gotten rid of some of the hair on my chin and cheeks. Hope you all get the same results. 🙂