The one thing that I find I just don’t have the time to go out to do is get a facial. I find myself feeling quite lazy when it comes to actually getting all dressed and ready just to go out to get my face and neck all dirty again. So, tonight I decided to give myself a facial right in the comfort of my home. Of course, the relaxation that comes with having a professional do it for you was dearly missed, I still managed to achieve exceptional results.
Because I have very sensitive and dry skin I used the following combination of remedies. But you may choose any of the below that may suit your skin best.
My Personal Facial:
Rose Water Toner
Egg & Honey Mask
Almond and Mayonnaise Scrub
Olive Oil as my moisturizer
**Just remember: When you’re giving yourself a facial to take your time and relax. I would even prepare everything in advance so that each step can be done one-after the other without the interruption of having to prepare the products in-between. Finally, to top everything off, cut a couple of slices of cucumbers and chill them in your fridge until you are ready to apply your mask. If you don’t have cucumbers, soak cotton balls in rose-water and place them in a bowl in your fridge. Then when you apply your mask, sit back, put the cucumber slices or cotton balls on your eyes and let the mask dry.**
For a facial, follow the below steps to achieve best results:
- Cleanse your face and neck with one of the below natural cleansers that best suits your skin type:
- Milk Cleanser – Oily Skin: Mix 1 tsp powdered milk and 1 tsp water and gently massage for 2 minutes
- Yogurt Cleanser – Sensitive Skin: Mix 1 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp plain yogurt. Apply the paste on to skin and leave on for 2 minutes. Then gently massage for another 2 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
- Oatmeal Cleanser – Dry to Sensitive Skin: Mix 1/2 cup oatmeal and 1 tsp plain yogurt. Apply the paste on to skin and leave on for 5 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- Tone your face and neck with one of the below natural toner that best suits your skin type:
- Lemon Juice – Oily Skin
- Rose Water – Sensitive Skin
- Pick one of the mask recipes to apply to your face and neck from the below:
- Avocado Yogurt Mask – Dry Skin: Blend 1 ripe Avocado with 4 tbsp yogurt. Apply the paste on to your ski and leave on for 30 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
- Oatmeal Banana Yogurt Mask – Very Dry Skin: Mash 1 Banana into 1 tbsp dry oatmeal and 2 tsp yogurt. Apply the paste onto skin and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
- Lemon Mask – Dry Skin: Mix 2 egg yolks, 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp lemon juice. Spread mixture onto face and neck and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse off the with cold water.
- Egg Honey Mask – Dry to Sensitive Skin: Mix 1 egg yolk and 2 tbsp honey. Apply paste onto skin and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Coconut Milk Pineapple Mask – Oily Skin: Mix 1 tsp fresh pineapple juice, 1 tsp coconut milk and 1 tsp cornstarch. Apply onto skin and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
- Cucumber Mask – Oily Skin: Puree 1/2 cucumber, 1 egg white, 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tsp milk. Apply onto skin and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- Exfoliate your face and neck with one of the following mixtures (Note: For any exfoliating method you choose, remember to GENTLY rub the mixture in a circular motion. Don’t be harsh and remember to get all major areas like your chin, nose and forehead. You can even gently scrub your lips with these to get any dead skin off):
- Almond Honey Scrub – Dry Skin: Mix 2 tbsp crushed almonds and 1 tbsp honey.
- Yogurt Almond Scrub – Blemished Skin: Mix 3 tbsp crushed almonds and 1/2 cup yogurt.
- Almond Mayonnaise Scrub – Very Dry Skin: Grind 1/4 cup almonds and mix with 1/2 tsp mayonnaise.
- Brown Sugar Scrub – Sensitive Skin: Mix 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, 1/2 cup almond oil, 2 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1 tbsp oatmeal, 1 tsp nutmeg and a pinch of Calendula petals.
- Mint Oatmeal Scrub – To Rejuvenate Skin: 1/2 cup oatmeal and 1/4 cup dried mint. Mix with water.
- After you have successfully completed steps 1-4, your face and neck should be looking quite youthful, fresh and revitalized. Apply a good moisturizer and you’re set.You may wish to choose one of the below moisturizer remedies to finish off your facial:
- Chamomile Honey Lotion – Steep 1 c. dried chamomile in 1 cup milk for a few hours. Strain, keeping the liquid. Add 4 tbsp. Honey and 8 tsp. wheat germ to liquid mixture. Blend well and place in a bottle.
- Anti-Aging Cream – Combine 1 ounce glycerin, 1 ounce witch hazel, ½ ounce rose-water, 3 tbsp. honey, and 3 tbsp. wheat germ oil. Massage the cream into your skin using a circular and upward motion. Store in a tightly sealed container at room temperature. It should last for at least 1 month.