I’ve been extremely busy these days as my course is becoming more intense. I’ve had numerous tests, assignments and exams over the past few weeks; which has left little time for anything else. So the time I do have available is spent with my munchkin and hubby or with my parents and doing chores.
But I will tell you that I’m enjoying my course and everyday that I learn something new, I become more interested and confident about my choice of course. I’ve recently received my overall average (96.4%) and I am quite satisfied and impressed with how well I am doing.
I know down the road, it’s going to be a lot of work once I graduate begin working, however, I truly believe that the reward will be much greater than the effort. I do hope that the people’s lives I touch will be enriched and they’ll take some goodness and happiness from me.
So that’s where I am right now with school. I’ll keep you all updated as I further progress. Have a blessed weekend and week ahead. Xoxo
The New Year brings with it many new beginnings for me this time around. Not only is it the beginning of the new year, but I will also be living in a new apartment starting January 1st. This will also be the first time I’ll be officially on my own. I’ve lived away from home for a few years now. However, I’ve had a roommate. This time, it’s going to be just me and my kitty.
A new home, new year and some new changes I need to make. I guess, this could be my official New Year’s Resolution list.
- Quit or cut down significantly on smoking. (Sorry, Roxy) But cigarettes are really taking a toll on my budget and health. I know that money is not everything in the world. But at $10 per pack, multiplied by 4 to 5 packs per week, means I’m out about $200 a month. Not only that, but cigarettes are really bothering my asthma. Yes, I know; I have asthma and I should not be smoking. Hence, the resolution!
- Lose another 50 to 60 lbs. Since October 1st, I have lost 20 lbs. However, according to my BMI and doctor, I still need to lose 50 lbs. to be healthier and out of risk for many health problems. So, the resolution is to get up 30 minutes earlier every morning and either do some yoga or strength training. I’m dreading it, so I might just start with one or two days a week and work my way up to 5 days.
- Cook at least one meal daily at home. I have a terrible habit of eating out or not eating at all. Both things affect me drastically. So, I’m going to buy groceries weekly and cook dinner every night and hopefully, take the left-overs for lunch.
- Find a part-time job. I have a couple of big expenses coming up during this next year. I’ll need a lot of money for them. Well, when you think of it, none of the expenses are actually mandatory or required. But there are a few things I’d like to purchase. First, a camera. You know one of those professional ones. Second, I would like to go on vacation this year to either India or somewhere in the Caribbean. And finally, I want to buy an Audi A5. That’s one of the biggest goals besides purchasing a condo.
- Go back to school. This should probably be on the top of my list. However, it’s out of pure interest and not a requirement. I want to take some photography courses, some cooking and baking courses, and some business courses. The business courses will definitely help with my career. But everything else is for pure interest and knowledge.
Well, I guess those are the main resolutions I have for the coming year. I’m eagerly waiting to move into my new apartment and start the new year. I’ll keep you posted on how my resolutions are coming along as the year progresses.
Do comment and let me know what your resolutions are for the New Year!